Thursday, February 02, 2006

Yahrtzeits Converge

Going a little off topic today. I got a phone call last night, my uncle died. My father's brother. Just five days before my father's yahrtzeit. So sad for the remaining brother who now has both brother's yahrtzeits the same week each year.

Also so sad for the whole family, but not in the usual way.

I read the obit this morning in the New York Times. My uncle leaves a wife, three children (my first cousins), many grandchildren (my kids' second cousins) and we know none of them. Maybe I met his daughter once, and when we sat shiva for my father my uncle was there (criticizing me, but that's another story).

A long time ago (about 40 years) there was a huge family argument - lawsuits even. No one ever healed. How sad.

So in my own way I mourn, not for a man I didn't know, but for opportunities lost.

Baruch Dayan Emet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search for more recipes and ideas.....



Need help with menu planning?

Need household organization advice?

Want to be notified when new items are posted?


E-mail me at deb@debsdelicacies.com



Followers