Thursday, February 18, 2010

Trying Something New

Sometimes, life gets in the way of living and obligations take precedence over desires. That's what's been going on with me lately. I've been embroiled in day to day life, keeping the balls juggling in the air, trying very hard not to let too many drop. The only way I could manage all the extra balls that have been thrown my way lately is find one or two to drop- and one big one that I had to drop was entertaining. The past few Shabbatot have been quiet and guest free, which keeps me from my favorite pastime of hostessing, but is good in that affords me extra time to get everything else done. It also allows me to play with new recipes.

Last night I look in the freezer for a little inspiration, and found a package of flanken short ribs I picked up last month at Costco (by the way, kudos to them for the extensive, reasonably priced kosher meats!). In an attempt to satisfy the tastebuds of all who will be eating Friday night, I searched for a recipe with an asian flair - tonight I will make this recipe:


and this week's menu will be:

Friday Night Dinner

Chinese Chicken Noodle Soup

Asian Style Braised Short Ribs
Rotisserie Chicken - (my new mini oven has a rotisserie - I've been meaning to test it)
Rice Pilaf
Corn Kugel
Stir Fried Vegetables

Hamentashen (it's close enough!)
Chocolate Puff Pastry Rugelach

Shabbat Lunch

Leftovers from Friday night
Chulent
Cold Cut Sandwiches
Asian Cole Slaw

Shabbat shalom to all -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search for more recipes and ideas.....



Need help with menu planning?

Need household organization advice?

Want to be notified when new items are posted?


E-mail me at deb@debsdelicacies.com



Followers