Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Shabbat Dinner for 100

There's an old saying "If you want something done, ask a busy person" - which seems to be a saying about me. From my standpoint though, it's great that I can keep up with everything, that people know they can rely on me, and that my schedule stays busy. Relaxing is NOT my favorite activity (though with recent help, I'm learning).

To that end, in addition to chairing the high school dinner in January, co-chairing the shul dinner in March, hosting Thanksgiving (as a group effort), and taking one small trip in December and one long trip in January, I agreed to run a Friday night dinner at the shul. And being just a bit compulsive, I decided to help the shul out by preparing the appetizer, dessert and kid's meals to save money. The main course and side dishes are being delivered by Main Event (Thanks HannahLee!). So this is the menu for this Friday Night:

Appetizer:
Family Style on each table: Hummos, Pita, Pickles and Olives

Plated at each seat:
Mesclun Salad with Cranberries and Glazed Nuts with Vidalia Dressing
Served with one toast with Smoked Salmon and one toast with Bruschetta

Main Course:
Served Buffet Style
Fried chicken
Honey Orange Roasted Chicken
Yellow Rice Pilaf
Herb Roasted Potatoes
Melange of Steamed Vegetables

Dessert:
Brownies, Chocolate Chip Bars, Meringues

Kids:
Pasta with Sauce
Chicken Nuggets
French Fries
Steamed Broccoli

I hope all will enjoy - I baked the brownies and chocolate chip bars last night - great for building arm strength - I stirred and octet batch (that's 8!) of brownies, then a quadruple batch of chocolate chips. The meringues I'll bake fresh on Friday morning.

Shabbat Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search for more recipes and ideas.....



Need help with menu planning?

Need household organization advice?

Want to be notified when new items are posted?


E-mail me at deb@debsdelicacies.com



Followers