Need help with menu planning?
Need household organization advice?
Want to be notified when new items are posted?
E-mail me at email@example.com
Wednesday, September 02, 2009
From Summer to Fall - Barbecue Brisket
I usually think of brisket as a fall or winter food. Between pesach and rosh hashanah, I never think to serve brisket - the idea of the oven being on that long for one dish! I don't think so..... But I recently picked up a small piece of first cut brisket, about 3 pounds - and for this shabbat I'm going to try to put it on the barbecue, indirect heat, a few chunks of hardwood if I can find some , and let it go for four or five hours ("Texas" style)- I'm hopeful - and if it's any good, I'll post the method and some pictures of the results - I'll do a dry rub marinade Friday morning before I go to work, then when I get home at 12:30, the brisket will go on the grill - wish me luck!
- Dairy Sukkot Dinner
- Recipes by Request - Frozen Peanut Butter Mousse C...
- Recipes by Request - Meringues
- Shana Tova to All
- Apple Walnut Cake
- Rosh Hashanah Menus - 2009/5770
- Finally ! Organized for Rosh Hashana
- Chocolate Cherry Crazy Cake
- Success - Amazing Barbecued Brisket
- From Summer to Fall - Barbecue Brisket
- ▼ September (10)